- Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) cleared over $2.5 billion dollar deal for 22 Apache attack helicopters and 15 Chinook heavy-lift choppers with Boeing.
- This deal is pending since 2013 as negotiation on cost settlement are going
- The deal for Apache should be signed with Boeing for the helicopter and US government for its weapons, radars and electronic warfare suites.
- Apache AH 64D Longbow helicopters are most advanced multi-role combat helicopters, featuring all-weather and night fighting features, had ability to track up to 128 targets in less than a minute and engage with 16, besides advanced sensors and visual range missiles.
- India will also be acquiring Hellfire missiles and rockets.
India cleared deal for 22 Apache attack helicopters and 15 Chinook heavy-lift choppers
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Govt of India has a scheme of providing funding support for Daughter’s ...