- India-born Sundar Pichai will be the new CEO of Google under a major restructuring at the technology giant.
- Founder Larry Page announced the formation of a new parent company Alphabet Inc which will replace Google as the publicly-traded entity and all shares of Google will automatically convert into the same number of shares of Alphabet, with all of the same rights.
- Pichai, 43, who was previously in-charge of product and engineering for Google’s Internet businesses, will be the CEO of Google.
- Pichai joins a gradually growing list of Indian-origin technology and business executives working their way up to head multi-billion dollar worth American giants.
- Satya Nadella was named Microsoft CEO, PepsiCo’s CEO is also India-born Indra Nooyi and MasterCard is headed by Ajay Banga. Last year, New Delhi-born Rajeev Suri was made CEO of phone company Nokia. Anshu Jain was till recently the co-CEO of Deutsche Bank.