Wishing the nation on its 71st Independence Day celebrations, Prime Minister Narendra Modi graced the occasion as he gave the customary speech from the ramparts of Red Fort. This is Modi’s fourth Independence Day as Prime Minister. Let us have a quick recap of what he said.
* Neither abuse nor bullet can resolve the issue of Kashmir but embrace Kashmiris.
* People of India stand shoulder to shoulder with those, who were affected due to natural disasters and the tragedy in Gorakhpur.
*This is a special year, the 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement, the 100th anniversary of Champaran Satyagraha and the 125th anniversary of Ganesh Utsav.
* I salute all those who made sacrifices for the freedom of India.
*We have to take the nation forward with the resolve of creating a `New India`.
*When we launched surgical strikes, the world had to accept our potential.
* We have curbed black-money, took action against corrupt people.
* We have given 2.5 crore gas connections to poor people.
* You will be happy to know that today we are not alone in our fight against terrorism many countries are supporting us actively.
* GST has shown the spirit of cooperative federalism.