- HRD Minister Smriti Irani today announced that IIT admission fees of Pratapgarh brothers, Raju and Brijesh, sons of daily wager, Dharamraj Saroj, would be waived.
- A daily wager’s sons – Raju (18) ranked 167 and Brijesh (19) ranked 410, made it to top 500 positions in IIT entrance examination but unable to get admitted due to lack of funds.
- Dharamraj, the father of two siblings hails from Rehua-Lalgunj, in Pratapgarh district, works for Surat mill, worried about making Rs 1 lakh to get admitted to country’s best tech institution.
- Raju wants to get an MBA after IIT and make money for himself and his family, and his elder brother Brijesh wants to prepare for IAS after finishing studies at IIT.
- Minister Smriti Irani, informed family that registration fees will be waived off and will be eligible for scholarships that cover tuition fees, mess and other charges.