- Pending projects of the home ministry are up for a review at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation) platform on June 24, prompting an urgent status check within the ministry.
- The ministry issued a communique on June 12 to its bureaucrats, asking for an “urgent review” of the pending projects, in some of which the work is yet to start even after a year.
- A list of nearly 50 such projects which reflect presently on the Prime Minister’s E-SamikSha platform has been attached to the communique.
- PRAGATI meeting to be chaired by the PM will focus on the home ministry’s projects and hence the status of the same needs to be reviewed, so that a factual picture is presented at the meet.
- An official said that home minister Rajnath Singh has also asked for a review at the ministry level of the various projects that were initiated over a year ago when presentations were made by various divisions to him.
- A round of meetings of various departments with the home minister is due soon.
Source:The Economic Times