Himayat is one of the sub-schemes under ASDP. It is a training-cum-placement programme for unemployed youth in Jammu and Kashmir . Youth will be provided short-term training for at least 3 months, in a range of skills for which there is good market demand. At the end of the training, the youth are assured of a job and there is one year post-placement tracking to see how they are faring. This is a 100% centrally funded scheme implemented with the help of the state government by a dedicated Himmayat Mission Management Unit located in Srinagar and Jammu.
Himayat will be implemented in partnership with private agencies or NGOs who are into placement linked skill training for youth.
- The scheme aims to train 1,00,000 youth in 5 years and provide atleast 75% of them with jobs.
- Training centres will be developed in each block (geographical area), catering to the specific needs of the local youth.
- Support will be available for trainees after training, and during placement as well.
- Any youth from J&K between the age of 18-35.
- School/ college drop-outs will be given priority.
For more details: Click Here