- Health Minister invites NGOs to adopt a ward or a section in the three government-run hospitals in the city to help improve cleanliness and amenities in the institutions.
- Minister met representatives from various NGOs to seek their participation in the Ministry initiative ‘Kayakalp’ and also provide feedback on schemes being implemented by the Ministry to enable course correction and value addition in services.
- The Health Minister invited the NGOs to adopt any ward, area, section or premise or any part of the activities within the the hospitals under the central government –
- The three selected hospitals for the initial stage are Lady Hardinge Medical College, RML Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi.
- “Kayakalp” is an initiative of the Health Ministry to encourage public health facilities in the country to work towards standards of excellence to help the facilities stay clean and hygienic.
- The NGO representatives welcomed the initiative of the Ministry and volunteered to partner not only on Kayakalp but also on issues such as management of hospitals and Public Health Centres (PHCs).