- Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is mainly designed and developed to meet the needs of the Indian army.
- It is designed for combat operations such as Air Defence, anti-tank, scout and support combat search/rescue mission.
- It is light weighted i.e. 5.8ton and twin engine vehicle.
- It has recently completed various tests to find out whether the helicopter withstands different weathers and at various latitudes.
- Now HAL, the company who designed it, tests whether the same helicopter can be utilized for firing too. The trails are carrying on and expected to be concluded in the middle of 2016.
- LCH Design and Development program has progressed with incremental improvements in each prototype from TD-1 through TD-4.(fourth technology demonstrator)
- The basic model configuration of LCH is expected to get clearances by September 2015.
- The basic configuration provided with EO Pod, rocket launchers, turret gun and air-to-air missile launchers).
- In all HAL is expected to produce 179 LCH for Defence forces.