- The Gujarat government is taking seriously the rap from the Comptroller and Auditor General of India(CAG) on the working of hotels and wayside amenities run by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd (TCGL).
- TCGL is now looking for private partners to operate and manage 14 of its wayside amenities along the highways.
- If this model works well, TCGL, will consider leasing out some of its Toran brand of hotels, operating in losses.
- The idea is to develop well-maintained toilet blocks, parking lots and refreshments at the highways.
- Process of awarding the tenders was likely to be over in about a month.
- The initial contract would be for five years and it could be extended for another five years.