- Ranchod Dankhara of Surat,who died merely six days after he had paid an annual premium of Rs 12 under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna, received a Rs 2 lakh cheque.
- Naresh Dankhara, son of the deceased Ranchod Dankhara, expressed gratitude towards the government.
- According to Naresh, his father died in a road accident after his car was hit by a truck on the outskirts of the city.
- PMSBY offers a renewable 1 year accidental death-cum-disability cover of Rs 2 lakh to all savings bank account holders in the age group of 18-70 for a premium of Rs 12 per annum per subscriber.
- The scheme is managed by general insurance firms.