Name of the scheme: Group Insurance Scheme
Purpose: The main purpose objective of this scheme is to provide insurance cover to the powerloom weavers in the case of natural death, accidental death as well as partial and permanent disability due to accident.
- Age criteria: The Powerloom weavers who are between 18 to 59 years of age.
- The scheme will be universally applicable for powerloom workers/weavers irrespective of their status with reference to BPL/APL categories.
- The scheme is applicable to the families of powerloom workers engaged in the activity of weaving on powerlooms and in allied pre-weaving/preparatory activities like twisting, winding, warping and sizing.
- Self employed weaver families owning not more than 4 looms will also be eligible.
- Family for the purpose of the scheme shall be the beneficiary and his/her spouse and only one of them shall be eligible for coverage.
- The scheme is operational on yearly basis i.e. the premium paid will cover the applicant under this insurance scheme for one year. He can continue the insurance every year during 12th Plan period by paying premium up to the age of 59 years.
- In the event of death of the member, an assured amount Rs.60,000/- will be paid to the nominee.
- In the event of death by accident or Partial/Total Permanent Disability due to accident, the following benefits will be payable:
|On death due to accident||Rs. 1.5 lakh|
|Permanent total disability due to accident||Rs. 1.5 lakh|
|Permanent partial disability due to accident||Rs. 75,000/-|
- In addition to above, a worker enrolled under this scheme will also be entitled for educational grant of Rs. 600/- for each child per half year for two children those studying in IXth Standard to XIIth standard for a maximum period of 4 years under Shiksha Sahayog Yojana (SSY).
However, a student will not be eligible if-
- A student fails and is detained in the same standard, he will not be eligible for scholarship for the next year in the same standard.
- If the premium under this scheme is not paid on renewal date, the child shall not be eligible for scholarship.
- The final selection for the scholarship shall be based on the criteria of poorest of the poor, as the number of scholarships is limited.
For more information, click here