This scheme aims to provide insurance cover towards the active fishermen in the age group of 18 to 60 years. Accident benefit will be payable in all the accidental deaths including death occurred on high seas due to the natural calamities. This scheme is implemented by the Fisheries Department of Goa has the following features:
Active fisherman in the age group of 18 to 60 years.
- Under this scheme the nominee of the deceased Fishermen will receive an amount of 75,000/- on accidental death and 30,000/- on natural death.
- The Insured Fishermen will receive an amount of Rs. 50,000/- in the event of total disability and Rs. 37,500/- for active fishermen on partial disability.
How to apply
- The prescribed application forms are available in the B.D.O./Fisheries Officer/Fisheries Surveyor and in the Head Office.
- The applications have to be forwarded through B.D.O./Fisheries Officer duly accompanied with the following documents:
- Vessel registration certificate.
- Current net licence payment receipt.
- The applicant should be above 18 years and below 60 years of age.
- The Insurance premium of Rs. 200/- shall be paid by the Government and by the Life Insurance Company on 50:50 basis.
For More Info: Click Here