The aim of the scheme is to facilitate NGOs/ special schools by providing one time grant to establish physiotherapy centers for disabled people in Goa. The key features of this scheme under the aegis of the Government of Goa, Department of Social Welfare are:
- All the NGOs registered with the Directorate of Social Welfare under the “Persons With Disability Act”, 1995 and special schools recognised by the Directorate of Education.
- The building required for setting up of physiotherapy center should be owned by NGOs or special schools.
- The building should be clean, spacious, well lighted and ventilated.
- The building should be provided with barrier free access with signages as per requirements of locomotor disabilities, visual disabilities and speech/hearing.
Amount equivalent to 100% cost of setting up the physiotherapy center subject to maximum of Rs. 5,00,000 shall be sanctioned by the directorate in two equal installments.
How to apply
- Application in the prescribed format shall be submitted to the Directorate of Social Welfare along with the following documents-
- The copy of certificate of registration issued by the Directorate of Social Welfare under The Persons With Disability Act, 1995.
- A copy of recognition of Special School by the Directorate of Education.
- Detailed reports giving justification for the requirement of physiotherapy center.
- Quotations from the recognized dealer for the purchase of equipments.
- A copy of resolution passed by the managing committee of the organisation.
- Audited statements of last two years.
- Detailed report of activities undertaken by NGO/Special School.
- An affidavit/sworn before the Executive magistrate/ Public Notary by the chairman of the organisation stating that financial assistance is not availed/will not be availed from any other Government department or source of similar project.
For More Info: Click Here