The government has proposed to integrate 36 central and state government services such as application for environment clearance, property tax and factories licence with the e Biz portal.
- India has been ranked 142 among the 189 countries and the government is aiming to bring India into the top 50 ranks.
- The current portal provides one-stop clearance platform for investment proposals. The central government services which have been identified includes annual filing of company returns, constitution of the firm, registration under the Contract Labour Act, 1970 and registration under the Building and other construction workers Act, 1996.
- Major initiatives have been taken up in the last one year for improving ease of doing business in India through simplification and rationalization of the existing rules and introduction of information technology to make governance more efficient and effective, it said.
- The ‘Make in India’ initiative was the most decisive step taken to boost the manufacturing. The initiative is based on four pillars – new processes, new infrastructure, new sectors and new mindset – which have been identified to give boost to entrepreneurship in India.
- Work on five smart cities in Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor has been taken up. Japan International Cooperation Agency study team undertook the preliminary study for comprehensive integrated master plan for Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor (CBIC).