- Andhra Pradesh is one of the leading producers of cotton in India with strong spinning base.
- AP has about 3,59,212 handloom weavers and 81,000 powerlooms working in our Andhra Pradesh.
- The government has decided to waive loans of Individual handloom weavers, weavers self-help groups and mini powerloom units with below 5 HP power connection with a financial commitment of Rs.169 crores.
- AP Government have also come up with a sector-specific policy for Textile & Apparel.
- Giving a thrust to the textile sector, government has trained 2,420 people under the Integrate Skill Development Scheme in the garmenting sector.
- For the development of the sector, 14 Clusters and 12 group approach projects have been sanctioned under Comprehensive Handloom Development Scheme of the Government of India with the total outlay of Rs 11.35 crore and Rs 2.61 crore, respectively.