- Government is committed to accomplish the target of 1,75,000 MW renewable energy including 1,00,000 MW solar energy, 40,000 MW rooftop and the rest of the programmes to make it as whole by 2022.
- PM believed in “team India” for bigger vision on energy security.
- Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy Minster Piyush Goyal said, global agencies have shown commitment to offer huge soft loans to India for the mission.
- Piyush Goyal urged different ministries to lay a network of solar power panels on all government buildings in Delhi within six months.
- Goyal also exhorted the States to shed all all inhibitions regarding higher cost of projects and take the initiative.
- Also, the ministry would encourage replacing of old air conditioners with 5 star label ACs to conserve energy on the pattern of LED bulbs.
Source:The Economic Times