- An expert committee, which was formed to prepare a roadmap for effectively tackling cyber-crimes which are increasing year after year by 40% in the country, had submitted its report to Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The committee suggested that the government should start an ‘Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre’ (ICCCC) at the national level and should have branches in all states
- The Centre will have linkages the two database, CCTNS and NATGRID, having information related to various kinds of crime and criminals.
- The committee also suggested that the government should reduce its dependence on foreign servers and ensure to have one dedicated secure gateway for all government communication in order to restrict attempts of international gangs to penetrate Indian government official communication network
- This center will be funded with 500 Crores