- Governments wants to finish the construction of 225 over bridges on major railway crossings in a fast-track mode.
- This project is of worth Rs 5,100-crore and helps in reducing 40% of train accidents and 66% of death toll.
- This project will be completed in 2 phases. In first phase construction 100 over-bridges will be completed in a year from now and in 2nd phase another 125 will be completed by March 2017.
- Maximum of these over-bridges will be constructed in Bihar, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh.
- In a span of 5 years government wants to complete the construction work of 250 major level crossings on National Highway network which are not yet covered under this project.