- The government has notified norms for use of bio-CNG for vehicles running on it, in a bid to promote green fuel.
- Vehicle manufacturers can manufacture, sell and get the vehicles fueled by bio-CNG in the country.
- Government has started the initiative of promoting vehicles which are powered by clean fuels, given the government’s efforts to cut down India’s huge annual import bill on petrol, gas and crude.
- Waste can be converted into wealth.
- Use of clean fuel like ethanol and bio-diesel can reduce carbon-dioxide emission by 95 per cent.