- To boost coal production, the government is working on a methodology for allocation of coal mines for commercial mining.
- In order to augment production of coal to meet the demand in the country especially of the medium and small scale enterprises, the government is considering allocation of coal mines for commercial mining.
- Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp Ltd may apply for the allotment of coal mines for commercial mining as and when the notice inviting application is published by the Nominated Authority under the provisions of Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015.
- A draft ‘Model Contract Agreement’ for mining of coal from auctioned/alloted coal mines in under finalisation.
- The government auctioned 29 coal blocks in two tranches early this year and had also alloted 38 coal blocks.