- In the backdrop of the Gurdaspur attack, the riverine areas of the Punjab border are up for some major fortification.
- The Centre has taken serious note of the Dinanagar attackers entering India through the Punjab border and believes its riverine areas need major investment in terms of technology for foolproof security against infiltration.
- Until now much of the focus had remained on the Jammu border.
- Arrangements may now have to be made for the Punjab border given that terrorists have trained their eyes on its vulnerability.
- The vulnerability of the Punjab border has been on the radar of agencies for a while.