- Road Ministry is finalizing a proposal- which will be executed through an auction, that will allow global pension funds to buy directly into Govt-owned EPC projects.
- Global pension funds from Canada, British and Japan have evinced interest in bidding for EPC toll projects.
- Government will guarantee 8 percent return for 30 years and toll rights to ensure investor interests are guarded.
- Roads Ministry is working to kick start a global road conference where Prime Minister Narendra Modi will make a pitch to global investors to participate in the auction.
- NHAI will identify the 111 projects that will be auctioned to private companies by August.