- To upgrade cleanliness in the major tertiary care hospitals of the country, Union Health Minister J.P. Nadda launched the Clean and Green campaign at AIIMS.
- The campaign, launched as part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India campaign).
- As part of the campaign, the health ministry will award the hospital with the best sanitation and cleanliness maintenance in the next one year.
- Government will fully support financially the hospitals for the implementation of the campaign.
- The All India India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) under the campaign would form several new committees on issues like sanitation and staff management.