- The government has issued a statutory order on Landbill in lieu of re-promulgation of land law as the current ordinance will lapse on August 31,2015
- The order extends benefits of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
- The order will ensure compensations for land acquired under 13 Acts and will safeguard the rehabilitation of land owners.
- The 13 Acts include 13 coal Bearing Areas Acquisition and Development Act 1957, National Highways Act 1956, and Land Acquisition(Mines) Act 1885.
- The law provides compensation upto four times the market value in rural areas and twice the market value of land in urban areas. Livelihood losers are also entitled to these benefits.
- Government is also working other way around if the land bill doesn’t go through