- The Centre has warned all government servants that disciplinary action will be taken against “habitual late-comers” to office and has asked for officials at all levels to maintain punctuality.
- The government had introduced Aadhaar enabled Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS) in Central Government offices, including attached/ sub-ordinate offices, last year to replace the manual system of marking of attendance to ensure punctuality is to be implemented in all Ministries.
- Attention is invited to Rule 3(1)(ii) of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 which stipulates that every Government servant shall at all times maintain devotion to duty.
- Habitual late attendance is viewed as conduct unbecoming of a Government servant and disciplinary action may be taken against such a Government servant.
- Punctuality in attendance is to be observed by Government servants at all levels. It is also requested that the necessary directions may be issued to all employees to mark their attendance in BAS portal on regular basis.
- Nearly 1.3 lakh central government employees are registering their attendance on the AEBAS system.
Source:The Economic Times