- Andhra Pradesh CM, will release water of river Godavari into Krihsna tomorrow to mark the formal linking of the two rivers.
- The state has created history by completing the Krishna-Godavari linking project to divert about 80 TMC of water from river Godavari river to Krishna.
- The inter-linking of rivers has been on the cards and on the drawing board for a long time, from the days when (eminent engineer) K L Rao was irrigation minister in the Union Cabinet (in 1950s).
- The plan was revived during Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s NDA government. But, this is the first-ever time, it has been implemented.
- The linkage of Godavari water with Krishna basin is being made possible by the ‘Pattiseema’ lift irrigation scheme on Godavari river at Pattisam village in West Godavari district.