Directorate of Panchayats, Government of Goa, has a scheme for weaker section of people belonging to Goa for Construction/Repair/ Improvement of Houses. The above scheme is operated by the Directorate of Panchayat through the Block Development Officers.
- Any person who is born and residing in Goa.
- Annual income from all the sources does not exceed Rs.25000 per annum.
- Who does not own a house either in his own name or in the name of any of his family members.
- The total estimated costs of the construction or improvement or repairs of the house should not exceed Rs. 25,000.
- The construction, improvement or repairs should be completed within a period of one year from the date of disbursement of the first installment.
- The land and the house are required to be mortgaged in favour of the Government.
- Person should not have already obtained or applied for loan for the same purpose under any other scheme of the Government, housing society, Corporation or Bank.
- The maximum amount of loans which can be sanctioned is Rs.20000/- which is released in three installments.
- The first installment of Rs.5000 is released at the time of Sanction of loan.
- The Second installment of Rs.1000 is released on the recommendations of the Respective Block Development Officer
- The third and the last installment of Rs.5000 is released on furnishing a certificate by the Block Development Officer that the Construction has reached up to the Roof level.
How to apply
- The application for loan shall be submitted to the Block Development Officer who shall forward it with his recommendations to the Director of Panchayats
- The application for loan shall be accompanied with the following documents:-
- Permission from the Panchayats
- Site Plan
- Model of the House
- Photograph of the Applicant
- Income Certificate
- Residential Certificate
- Certificate from the Mamlatdar that the applicant and his father or mother were born in Goa.
The principal amount of loan along with interest is recoverable in 20 equal annual installments, the first installment being payable on the expiry of 18 months from the date of its disbursement.
For More Info: Click Here