- Ministry of Food Processing Industries, GoI has a scheme of “Cold Chain, Value Addition and Preservation Infrastructure” to provide integrated cold chain and preservation infrastructure facilities without any break from the farm gate to the consumer.
- It covers pre cooling facilities at production sites, reefer vans, mobile cooling units as well as value addition centers which includes infrastructural facilities like Processing/Multi-line Processing/Collection Ceners etc. for horticulture, organic produce, marine, dairy, meat and poultry etc.
- To provide integrated cold chain, preservation and value addition infrastructure facilities without any break, from the farm gate to the consumer.
- In order to reduce post-harvest losses of horticulture and non-horticulture agri-produce.
- To link groups of producers to processors and market through a well equipped supply chain and cold chain.
- Ensuring remunerative prices to farmers and year-round availability of food products to consumers.
- Integrated cold chain and value addition infrastructure projects set up by Partnership/Proprietorship Firms, Companies, Cooperatives, Self Help Groups (SHGs), Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), NGOs, Central/State PSUs, etc. with business interest in cold chain solutions and also by those who manage supply chain.
- The net worth of the applicant should be at least 1.5 times of the grant applied for.
- The net worth of all entities other than companies will be ascertained on the basis of latest balance sheet of individual proprietor/partner(s) i.e. assets minus all liabilities, duly certified by the Chartered Accountant (CA).
- Financial assistance(grant-in-aid) of 50% the total cost of plant and machinery and technical civil works in General areas.
- 75% for NE region including Sikkim and difficult areas (J&K, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand) subject to a maximum of Rs.10 crore.
Ministry of Food Processing Industries,
Panchsheel Bhawan, August Kranti Marg,
For More Info: Click Here