The Scheme shall be called the ‘Scheme for Grants-in-aid to State Channelising Agencies (SCAs) of National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation(NMDFC)’.Under the Scheme of Grants-in Aid, assistance will be provided to the SCAs directly by National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC).
Strengthen the infrastructure of SCAs in order to improve their operations including recovery of loans.
- All SCAs performing well for NMDFC’s scheme will be eligible.
- The SCA which is dormant/non-functional or does not draw funds from NMDFC for implementing its lending schemes.
- More than one SCA is in existence in any State/UT, all eligible SCAs can be funded under the grants-in-aid scheme on a pro-rata basis based on the number of minority beneficiaries serviced by each SCA.
- The grants-in-aid will be provided on a first come first serve basis.
- 100% central assistance to the SCA.
- Assistance in the promotion of the campaign in minority areas.
- Financial Assistance of Rs.25 Lakhs to be given.