Department of Fisheries, Goa Government has a scheme for its active fishermen to them with cover of life under General Insurance Scheme.
To provide insurance cover to the Fishermen who are prone to accidents at sea due to rough weather and other natural calamities.
Active Fishermen in the age group of 18-60 years.
- The insurance premium of Rs.200/- shall be paid by the Government and by the Life Insurance Company on 50:50 basis.
- The nominee of the deceased Fishermen will receive benefits in the event of death by accident or partial/total permanent disability are as under-
- On death due to accident Rs. 75,000 for the nominee.
- Permanent/total disability due to accident Rs. 50,000.
- Partial disability due to accident Rs.37,500.
- In the event of natural death of member a sum of Rs. 30,000 will become payable to the nominee.
How to Apply
- The prescribed application forms are available in the B.D.O./Fisheries Officer/Fisheries Surveyor and in the Head Office.
- The applications have to be forwarded through B.D.O./Fisheries Officer duly accompanied with the prescribed documents.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.