- A village in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhindwara district has become free of open defecation.
- The village has engaged a team of literal “whistleblowers” to expose the people, who ease themselves in the open, defying the ban.
- Chhindwara Collector Mahesh Chandra Choudhary had earlier launched a campaign to extend the cleanliness drive to every village in the district.
- As part of the campaign, when he visited Gadarwada in Amarwada development block, he motivated the people to construct toilets in their houses by utilising the government aid for the scheme.
- The initiative was supported by villagers and in a short span of time they started constructing toilets at their homes.
- The problem of water scarcity in the village has also been solved by providing piped water facility.