- India and China share over 4,000 km of LAC. China claims approximately 90,000 sq km of territory in Arunachal Pradesh besides 38,000 sq km in Jammu and Kashmir sector.
- A meeting of local commanders of the armies of India and China has been postponed after the recent face-off between the two sides in the heights of Ladakh’s Burtse area.
- ITBP and Army jawans demolished a hut that was constructed 1.5 km inside the Line of Actual Control (LAC), leading to a face-off between the two sides.
- The hut, with a solar panel on top, had a camera which recorded the movement of Indian troops.
- China has been trying to make inroads in Burtse area as it will give access to the PLA to monitor the activities of Indian troops based in Old Patol base besides trying to deny an advantage to India to overlook the Karakoram highway linking the territory illegally occupied by China with Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir(PoK).
- After the demolition of the hut, Indian troops kept the camera and other material which will be handed over to the Chinese side in the form of evidence during the local army commanders meeting scheduled.