- With the new vision of gas-based economy of central government, Eastern India is all set to get a lion’s share in the country’s growth story, as PM inaugurates the first phase construction of the Jagdishpur Haldia pipeline.
- Bihar now gets connected to the natural gas pipeline network of India. Urja Ganga, the Jagdishpur – Haldia gas pipeline is going to be a change maker.
- This 2050 KM long energy highway will bring the goodness of environmental friendly source of energy to Bihar.
- Government of India has resolved to invest over Rs.2400 Crore in Bihar alone for Urja Ganga. The pipeline would pass through 10 districts and benefit over 40% of the population of the state.
- This project would benefit every section of society. Along with supporting industries, the piped gas will also touch each citizen in more than one way.
Source: GAIL Voice