To enhance productivity, profitability, stability and sustainability and to create self-employment to educated and unemployed rural youth. To reach self-sufficiency in milk production.
· Any person residing in Goa for at least 15 years
- The minimum unit size is of 10 cross-bred Cows or 10 adult improved she- buffaloes.
- The unit should be located in Goa.
- The unit should be maintained for a minimum period of 10 years.
- The animals should be purchased from outside Goa.
- The subsidy will be released only after completion of the unit in all respects.
· 30% of the cost of plant and machinery will be granted as subsidy (maximum of 4.50 lakhs) to any individual for setting up of a new Dairy farm, expansion of existing dairy unit, and purchase of modern dairy equipment for existing dairy units and renovation of existing cattle shed.
· For Milking Machine subsidy is @ 30% of the cost of the Milking Machine.
- The project report of the proposed units is to be submitted to the Director of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services through the Area Government Veterinary Officer/Assistant Director.
Plant and Machinery includes:
- Cattle Shed – 54 sq. m. carpet area 10 animals proportionate increase is allowed depending upon the number of animals. Maximum cost limit is Rs.4000/- per sq.mt.
- Cow dung pit – (18 cu. m. for 10 animals, proportionate increase in size is allowed depending upon the number of animals). Maximum cost is Rs.300/- per cu.mt.)
- Store Room – (4 x 4 metres carpet area for 10 animals proportionate increase is allowed depending upon the number of animals). Maximum cost limit is Rs.4000/- per sq.mt.)
- First batch of – Maximum cost limit is Rs. 18,000/- per milch Milch Animal.
- Milking – Maximum cost limit Rs. 82,000/- including Machine installation charges subsidy admissible is 30% of the cost maximum subsidy Rs. 24,600/-
- Water pump with Other accessories and plumbing – Maximum cost limit is Rs. 14000/-
- A.I. Crate – Maximum cost limit is Rs. 5000/-
- Other items -Maximum cost limit Rs. 8000/- for 10 animals
- Chaff Cutter – Subsidy admissible is 30% of the cost Maximum subsidy is Rs. 3,600/-
For More Info: Click Here