Department of Fisheries, Goa Government for its native fisherman has a scheme to provide financial assistance for buying life jackets, lifebuoys for the fishing vessels for the fisherman.
- To grant relief to the Fishermen at the sea by providing safety measures to protect their lives during the rough sea/cyclonic storms.
- To enable them to stay afloat in the water till rescue operation starts.
- All the fishing vessels shall be registered with the Department of Fisheries to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- These fishing vessels shall be eligible under the scheme after every five years.
- The Fishermen shall not be a defaulter of the Department.
- The Fishermen violating the provision of the Marine Fishing Regulation (MFR) Act shall not be eligible for the benefits for the first two years from the date of violation.
Fishermen will get assistance for equipments upto the cost of maximum Rs. 1,000 per Life Jacket and Rs.1,500 per Lifebuoys.
How to Apply
- The beneficiary has to obtain their prescribed application form from the office of the Directorate of Fisheries, Panaji, Block Development Officer of respective Taluka/Fisheries Surveyor of Fisheries working in the concerned Panchayat.
- The form duly filled has to be forwarded to the F. O./F. S.of Fisheries Department.
For More Info: Click Here.