- Ministry of surface ministry is giving lot of importance to speed up the construction of highways by increasing the per day construction to 30Km from 13Km of previous year record.
- With enhanced participation of private players under PPP, NHAI has set a target to award 10000KM for up gradation or expansion during the current fiscal against 8000Km of last year.
- If the government awards 10000KM per annum for the next two years also, the target of 30Km per days can be achieved.
- To reach the above set targets, the government is resolving all the matters related to land acquisition and has acquired 4272 sq.KM in first months itself during the current financial year.
- The officials of NHAI and NHIDCL will be spending 6days in a month on the field to monitor the projects and to resolve the issues.
- There is no constraint in funding as the government is confident of generating funds to the tune of Rs.50000 crores by selling the completed projects, and these funds can be utilized as government fund for new projects.