Name of the scheme: Family Counselling Centres Scheme
Purpose: The Family Counselling Centres (FCCs) would work closely with local authorities like police and other institutions such as Short Stay Homes and is expected to intervene in ‘crisis’ cases and in cases of atrocities against women.
The applicant organisations should have experience and a proven track record in social mobilisation work dealing with women’s issues and problems.
- Must have a Masters Degree in Social Work / Psychology.
- Counsellors who do not posses the prescribed qualification, but have been working in the FCC for more than 5 years.
- Counsellors who have undergone orientation training as well as refresher programmes conducted by the Central Board may continue as Counsellor with specific approval of Central Board.
- A monthly honorarium of Rs. 7,000/- is provided to Counselors in Category ’A’ cities of FCCs where as counselors of Category ‘B’ cities FCCs are provided Rs. 5,500/- per month.
- Financial support for non-recurring item of expenditure increased from Rs. 15,000/- to Rs. 25,000/- (one time grant).
- Cost of other recurring expenditure may be increased from Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- per annum per FCC.
- Provision of Rs. 2.5 crore for Training Programmes of Counsellors and office bearers of FCCs would be provided with Rs. 2 lakh for each Training Programme consisting of 30 Counsellors and 30 Office bearers.
- There would be no change in the ratio of matching share to be given by the implementing agencies in respect of other Recurring Expenditure. This would remain 80% share of GOI and 20% share of implementing agency.
For more information regarding the scheme, visit here
Application form is attached here