Despite having vast potential in tourism sector, the state is not in a position to explore and exploit its potentiality to the expectation due to resource crunch. There is vast scope in cultural tourism, adventure tourism, wild life tourism and eco-tourism. The creation of infrastructure like tourist lodges, tourist hut, resorts etc. is a major concern of the department. The State Tourism Policy envisages various incentives for development of tourism in the State for employment generation and income and to attract private investment in this sector.
Allocated Amount: Amount of Rs. 6,500 lakh is proposed during 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17).
- Planning for sustainable development of tourism
- Protection of heritage (Natural, Cultural, Traditional Values)
- Reduction of poverty and revenue capture by the local community
- Capacity building and creation of mechanisms in support of small and medium enterprises
- Formulation of strategies that will exploit opportunities and potential of the State.
- Development Policies (PWD, Transportation Network) that support and promote the various attractions of the State
- Securing involvement of the largest number of stakeholders in the decision making, resource allocation and utilisation.
Major Stakeholders: Institutional and Partnership Framework
- Government of Arunachal Pradesh
- Government of India
- Private sector (Organized and Unorganised)
Major Plan/Initiatives to boost up State Tourism:
- The State is planning for aggressive marketing to create awareness of the tourism potentials of the state to the outside world.
- Under this scheme the department is planning to procure equipments for adventure sports (like trekking, river rafting, angling, mountaineering, Para gliding etc) and conduct more programmes.
- The state government conducts annual Mega Tourism Festival. The celebration of Mega Festival brought a tangible result in marketing of ‘Tourism Arunachal’.
- The department is trying its best effort to create tourism awareness to promote tourism in the state by way of conducting various awareness trainings at different places involving service providers, tour operators, unemployed youths, officials and other stake holder, besides deputing officials for in-service trainings.
- The department is conducting various tourism awareness trainings at different places involving service providers, tour operators, unemployed youths, officials and other stake holder, besides deputing officials for in-service trainings in its way to promote tourism in the state.
- Under this scheme, to promote tourism of the state, we invite expert persons in the field of travel trade, tourism industry, travel writers, photojournalists, adventure sports etc. for their valuable feedbacks and suggestions.
- Experts are invited from the field of travel trade, tourism industry, travel writers, photojournalists, adventure sports etc for their valuable feedbacks and suggestions to promote tourism of the state.
- Under this scheme the department is constructing Tourist Lodge & infrastructure development in districts.
- Gender Budgeting: The Department is providing for capacity building of Women SHG & NGO under Rural Eco-Tourism for 50 members and for FAM tour of women group 30 members capacity building/training of women service providers like Hoteliers, Tour operators etc.
For More Details: Click Here