- Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy, Shri Piyush Goyal, launched a electrification programme for villages of Diyara area in the Patna/Saran district
- Through extension of two 11 kV Feeders, 36 un-electrified villages of Diyara area in the Patna/Saran district will be electrified
- Electricity to this area cannot be provided through regular infrastructure as this area is surrounded by Ganges and not connected to mainland.
- Currently they are sustaining using DG Sets paying at Rs.120 per hour.
- For this project Rs.5827.23 Crores is sanctioned by Ministry of Power for the state of Bihar and 11,375 households will be benefited.
- With the help of IIT Madras, The Ministry of Power, Government of India, through Rural Electrification Corporation (REC), has also initiated a pilot project for providing uninterrupted DC (Direct Current) power to consumers.
- For this project an amount of Rs.67 Crores has been sanctioned and will be implemented in areas of Sasaram, Dehri-on-Sone, Bikramganj and Buxar towns.