National Institute of Agriculture Extension Management (MANAGE) has designed a one-year diploma course titled ‘Diploma in Agricultural Extension Services for Input Dealers (DAESI)’, which imparts relevant and location-specific agricultural education to equip input dealers with sufficient knowledge to transform them into para-extension professionals so as to enable them to address the day-to-day problems being faced by the farmers at field level.
- Orientation of input dealers on location-specific crop production technologies of broad-based agriculture with reference to field problems
- Building the capacity of input dealers in efficient handling of Inputs
- To impart knowledge about the laws governing regulation of agricultural
- Inputs To make input dealers an effective source of farm information at the village level (one stop shop) for the farmers
Coverage during 12th plan:
This program is upscaled to train 12,000 input dealers per year through active involvement of SAMETIs, Agribusiness companies, ATMAs, KVKs, Agriculture Colleges and NGOs under the overall supervision of State Agriculture Departments and facilitation by MANAGE.
Eligibility Criteria for Candidates:
The course is open to all the practicing input dealers, who have appeared at least for 10th standard exam, and to candidates sponsored by the input Agencies/agribusiness companies/agri-cooperatives etc.
The program is spread over a period of 48 weeks with 40 classroom sessions and 08 field visits.
Course Fee: Rs.20,000/-
- The course fee will be subsidized by DAC, GoI, to the extent of Rs.10,000/- per input dealer. However, where Agribusiness Companies are involved, the Company will contribute Rs.10,000/- and the balance Rs.10,000/- will be contributed equally by DAC and the input dealer @ Rs.5,000 each.
- Agribusiness companies’ sponsorship can be considered for tax benefit under 35 CCC, subject to other conditions laid in the notification.
- The States of Jharkhand and Orissa are contributing Rs.15,000/- per input dealer from RKVY funds thus reducing the course fee share of input dealer to Rs.5000/- only. It is suggested to continue this model in these States, and other States may also adopt this model.
- The GoI share would be released to SAMETIs directly on the basis of targets assigned to the respective States.
- The input dealers will have an option to pay their share of course fee i.e. Rs.10,000/- in a single instalment or in two instalments of Rs.5,000/- each. In the latter case, the first instalment should be paid at the time of enrolment, and the second instalment within 4 months of commencement of the program.
For More Details: Click Here