Name of the scheme: Central Sector Plan Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Purpose: To provide financial assistance to students with disabilities who have been selected to pursue Master’s Degree and PhD abroad in the fields of a)Engineering & Management; b)Pure Sciences & Applied Sciences; c)Agricultural Science & Medicine; d)Commerce, Accounting & Finance and e)Humanities, Social Science & Fine Arts.
Number of scholarships available: 20 scholarships per year are available under the Scheme.
- For PhD- First class or 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree. Preference would be given to candidates having professional or research experience.
- For Master’s Degree- 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor’s Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates.
- Age criteria- Must be below 35 years of age.
- Income criteria- Total income of the employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians must not exceed Rs.6 lakh per annum.
- Not more than 2 disabled students from one family can be eligible for scholarship.
|Annual Maintenance Allowance||1. For United States of America and other countries except United Kingdom- USD 15,400
2. Only for United Kingdom- GBP 9,900
|Annual Contingency Allowance||1. For United States of America and other countries except United Kingdom- USD 1500
2. Only for United Kingdom- GBP 1100
|Incidental Journey Allowance||USD 20 or its equivalent in Indian Rupees|
|Poll Tax||Actual will be paid, wherever is applicable.|
|Visa Fees||Actual visa fees will be paid in Indian Rupees.|
|Fees||Tuition fees as per actual will be admissible.|
|Medical Insurance Premium||Actual as charged will be admissible.|
|Cost of Air Passage||Air passage grant on actual basis from India to the nearest place to the educational institution and back to India, by economy class and shortest route in arrangements with the national carrier, will be provided.|
|Local Travel||Second or Coach Class railway fare from the port of disembarkation to the place of study and back will be provided.|
The awardees are permitted to undertake Research/Teaching Assistantship up to USD 2400 per annum (for US and other countries except UK) and for awardees in United Kingdom, GBP1560 per annum.
Duration of the scholarship:
- PhD- 4 years
- Master’s Degree– 3 years
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates may submit their applications in the prescribed format to the below address.
|Under Secretary, DD-IV-B Section,
Department of Disability Affairs,
M/o SJ&E, Govt. of India,
Vishnu Digambar Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002.
The application form is attached here.
For more information, visit here.