Ministry of Agriculture, GoI, has formulated this scheme to develop marketing infrastructure in the country to cater to the post-harvest requirement of production and marketable surplus of various farm products.
- To provide additional agricultural marketing infrastructure to cope up with the large marketable surpluses of agricultural and allied commodities.
- To promote competitive agricultural marketing infrastructure by private and cooperative sector investments that sustain incentives for quality and enhanced productivity thereby improving farmers’ income.
- To strengthen existing agricultural marketing infrastructure to enhance efficiency.
- To promote direct marketing through reduction in intermediaries and handling channels thus enhancing farmers’ income.
- To provide infrastructure facilities for grading, standardization and quality certification of agricultural produce so as to ensure price to the farmers commensurate with the quality of the produce.
- To promote grading, standardization and quality certification system for giving a major thrust for promotion of pledge financing and marketing ,credit, introduction of negotiable warehousing receipt system and promotion of forward and future markets so as to stabilize market system and increase farmers’ income.
- To promote direct integration of processing units with producers.
- To create general awareness and provide education and training on agricultural marketing including grading, standardization and quality certification.
- The assistance will be available to individuals, Group of farmers/ growers/ consumers, Partnership/ Proprietary firms, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), Companies, Corporations, Autonomous Bodies of the Government, Cooperatives, Cooperative Marketing Federations, Local Bodies, Agricultural Produce Market Committees & Marketing Boards in the entire country.
- Bank assisted projects of State agencies, including projects refinanced/cofinanced by NABARD for strengthening / modernization of existing marketing infrastructure would also be eligible for assistance under the scheme.
- Credit linked Subsidy will be granted.
- Strengthening of AGMARK Laboratories of Directorate of Marketing and Inspection.
- General awareness, publicity and training programmes for farmers, market functionaries and entrepreneurs shall be taken up through Ch. Charan Singh National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (NIAM), Jaipur and other national and state level institution/ Universities.
The scheme shall be implemented by the Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (DMI), an Attached Office of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.