HIGHER EDUCATION AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT GUARANTEE SCHEME FOR PURSUING HIGHER EDUCATION IN DELHI
Since June 2015, this scheme is available for the students completing or want to complete their higher studies. Up to INR 10 Lakh will be provided to students pursuing higher education in Delhi by Delhi Gov. The government will be the gurantor for loans taken by students to complete their education – meaning the students can avail the loans from banks without collateral or their party guarantee or margin money. In addition to that there would not be any processing fees levied on loan.
- The maximum financial assistance is INR 10 Lakhs.
- Ordinary loans up to INR 7.5 Lakhs can as prescribed under the Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Education Loans (CGSEL) of Govt. of India are satisfied can be granted by the Banks under the Govt. of India scheme as and when the same becomes operational.
- Loans above INR 7.5 lakhs & up to INR 10 lakhs and loans in respect of Private Institutions which presently do not have NAAC accreditation as required under Govt. of India scheme but have SFRC grading of A+ or A and otherwise satisfy the requirements under the scheme of Govt. of NCT of Delhi will be covered under this scheme
- The loans will be available without ‘security’ and ‘margin’. However, parents together with student will be join borrower under this scheme.
- Only those students are eligible for this scheme who have completed their 10th and 10+2 from Delhi.
- The student should have secured admission to a higher education course or specified employable skill courses (diploma, bachelors, master and doctoral degree) in recognized institutions in Delhi.
- It would also be available for Private/ Self-financed Institutions located in Delhi having NAAC/NBA/SFRC grading.
- NAAC/NBA/SFRC grading private institutions located in Delhi are also eligible for this scheme.
- The ultimate decision of choosing the meritorious students’ eligibility for loan, lies in the hands of banks.
Eligible Courses (Indicative List)
- Graduates and post graduates courses recognized by UGC/ Government/ AICTE/ AIBMS/ ICMR etc.
- Courses like CFA, CA, ICWA etc.
- Courses conducted by IIT, NIFT, NLU, IIFT etc.
- Skill development courses as specified by the Gov. of India.
For more information, CLICK HERE.