Department of SC/ST/OBC/Minorities Welfare, Govt of Delhi has launched a scheme aims at assisting students of weaker sections by way of special coaching for admission into institutions imparting technical, vocational courses such as engineering, medical, agricultural, management, information technology, and service related courses both in public and private sectors.
It has been observed that students for the rich families of STs tend to secure most of the jobs as they have better schooling and training/coaching for the competitive examinations whereas the students from the poor families rarely get selected because during school/college education their standard of education remain low due to poverty and there after due to non-affordability of proper coaching facilities.So objective of this scheme is to provide facilities to those poor backward classes students.
- Students should be selected based on merits.
- Only students belonging to Scheduled Castes,OBCs and Minorities having family income below Rs.1 lakh per annum will be eligible for assistance.
- Assistance under the scheme can be availed by a particular student not more than two times, irrespective of the no. of chances, he/she may be entitled to in a particular competitive examination.
- In case, where examination is conducted in two stages (i.e. preliminary and main ) candidates will be allowed to take coaching of the preliminary as well as main examination in each time, but coaching for main examination will be available only to those, who have cleared preliminary examination.
- Students, covered under the scheme, shall have to attend all classes. In the event of any student, remaining absent for more than 15 days without any valid reason , assistance to him/her shall be discontinued and another student shall be taken in his/her place.
- In the coaching for admission in MBBS or Engineering degree, coaching in Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology subjects only will be provided. In case of Civil Services, coaching will be provided in General Knowledge, English and General Hindi and most popular combinations.
- No coaching fee will be charged from the candidates. However, on the pattern of centrally sponsored scheme Rs. 6000/- for engineering and medical courses and Rs. 8000/- for civil services(preliminary + main) per students will be paid to the selected coaching institutions.
- To help the poor candidates, a stipend at the rate of Rs.250/- per month will be given to those trainees, who attend at least 80% of the classes except in case where attendance was less than 80% on the medical ground or for the reasons beyond control of the trainee.
For More Info: Click Here