The scheme has been designed with an objective to encourage Goan Scholars to undertake research in the field of social studies, history culture etc. Three fellowships shall be awarded one at junior, one at senior level & one at post-doctoral level each for research in the specified areas every year.
- To encourage the Goan scholars to undertake research in the areas of society, economy, polity, history, art and culture of Goa.
- To promote and develop research culture in the State of Goa.
- To promote interdisciplinary research in colleges and university.
- Any individual who has completed his/her post-graduation and is up-to 35 years of age shall be eligible to undertake research in the junior category.
- Any individual who has completed his/her post-graduation and is above the age of 35 shall be eligible to undertake research in the senior category.
- Any individual who has completed his/her Ph.D. shall be eligible to undertake research in the post-doctoral category. There is no age bar in this category.
- In case of exceptionally talented scholars of proven record with authentic work at their credit the rules regarding educational qualifications may be relaxed
- The fellowship shall be awarded to any scholar only once in his life time under each category.
- A fellow will not be eligible for any other fellowship offered by the Department in any other category for a period of 10 years.
- Only topics that are closely connected to Goa will be accepted.
- Eligible scholars for junior category will be awarded a fellowship up to Rs. 10,000 per month for a maximum period for 2 years.
- Eligible scholars for senior & post-doctoral category will be awarded a fellowship of Rs. 20,000/- per month for a maximum period for 2 years.
- Maximum one fellowship in each category shall be awarded every year.
- The amount of fellowship shall be recessed on the recommendation of evaluation committee after the submission of his/her project.
Valid till: 31st March 2020
For More info: Click Here