In order to enhance value addition of the natural and human resources of Jharkhand to create additional employment opportunities, the state government has laid out some possible measures to implement subsidy policies/schemes. Comprehensive Project Investment Subsidy (CPIS) is a scheme which provides financial subsidy to industrial units.
The industrial units are entitled to get subsidy from the above mentioned scheme based on the investments they make in any of the below area-
Plant & Machinery
- Investment in this section means how much an industrial unit has paid to suppliers to buy plant & machinery except for any taxes i.e. Central exercise/VAT/CST.
- However, the plant & machinery has to be new in order to get subsidy for this.
- The amount of investment must include import duty, shipping charges customs and clearance charges except for miscellaneous expenses like transportation cost and others.
Pollution Control Equipment (PCE)
Investment in PCE means total price a unit has paid to the Suppliers except for taxes like Central excise/VAT/CST.
Environment friendly alternative power generation equipment
The state has one of its prime focuses on eco-friendly businesses. So, in this area alternative power generation equipment means environment friendly DG set other than normal DG sets.
Payment for Employee Welfare (EPF, ESI and Health Insurance Scheme)
- Investment in this sector means actual/total contribution that an employer, after DOP, has made for his/her employee welfare which forms the basis for calculation in this area.
- An employer can thus get the total amount that he/she has contributed for 10% weightage benefit under this scheme. Also, the amount that has been contributed would also form the basis of incentive in the first year.
|Type of industries eligible for Incentive||Category of location||Rate of Incentive as percentage of eligible Investment||Maximum limit||Additional Incentive|
|All Industries other than Mega Projects||A||7%||Up to Rs.5 crore (payable at 20% in each financial year)|| SC/ST/ Women/ Handicapped Entrepreneurs are entitled to get additional incentive of 5%
Extremist infested blocks are entitled to get special Incentive of 5% amounting to a manifested ceiling of Rs. 5 crore.
Units those are implementing Govt. reservation policy in direct employment are to get an additional incentive of 5%
How to apply?
Submit your application in the prescribed format. The form is attached Here.