The main objective is to understand the medicine, utilizing the local practices and customs to communicate health practices, establishing self confidence among the community members and to transmit and put together the other social reforms to eliminate poverty in the community
- Community activists will be identified and trained to lead the SGH group in prevention of communicable diseases, maternal health, infant and child care, environmental health, community health system and to build awareness about nutrition.
- The community Managed health and nutrition utilizes the services of trained Health Activist (HA) and Community resource person in commuting the awareness about maternal, neonatal, infant care practices to SHGs and village organizations.
- IKP provides training to Health sub-committee, members from the community will be part of the committee, will supervise the HN activities in the village. Mandal and district.
- This program includes Nutrition cum Day Care Center (NDCC), Health Savings & Health Risk Fund, Convergence of Fixed National Health Day, Water & Sanitation program, Sanjeevani Health Insurance, and Capacity Building of Health Activist (HA), Health Sub Committee (HSC), and Community Resource Person (CRP) with the intervention of the community in all aspects.
- The main focus is on four aspects of public health viz. maternal health, infant and child care, environmental health, community health system and communicable diseases.
source : http://www.ap.gov.in/initiatives/