- According to the World Bank Doing Business Report 2015, India occupies the 142nd position and the government aims to improve the business investment climate in the country in shortest possible time.
- Russian companies have felt echoes of the “Make in India” concept.
- Alexey Ulyukaev, Russia’s Minister for Economic Development, talked about the developments in Russian-Indian business relations, including an upgrade of the bilateral investment protection agreement.
- The factors influencing bilateral trade are the consequences of the volatile exchange rates for the ruble in relation to the US dollar, irregularity of Russian supplies on the Russian trade line, and also a reduction in demand on the Russian internal market.
- Indian companies providing technology or advanced equipment are in demand in the Russian market as these goods were previously imported.
- He also added Civil aviation is a promising sector in India with demand for regional and medium haul airplanes and also civil helicopters.