- A Chinese company has expressed interest in taking up Metro Rail and high speed train projects in Vijayawada.
- A Detailed Project Report (DPR) on the first phase of the Vijayawada Metro Rail project, estimated to cost Rs. 6,823 crore, has already been submitted to Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu.
- Corridor 1 will be linked to the capital city of Amaravati, and Corridor II will be connected to the Gannavaram airport.
- During their visit, the delegation inspected the proposed Metro line track and station points in the city.
- The delegation also called on Vijayawada Municipal Corporation Commissioner G. Veerapandian.
- They also said the company would complete the Metro rail project in 18 months, if the Corporation provided the necessary assistance.