- Chhattisgarh government has decided to hike the allowances for police jawans posted in Naxalite-dominated areas of Bastar division, Gariyaband and Rajnandgaon and is expected to benefit nearly 22,000 police jawans, it would result in an almost 58% hike in emoluments of assistant constables.
- In addition, assistant constables would be entitled to Rs 25 lakh insurance cover like other policemen.
- Fighting Naxalites need to be provided monetary support and benefits.
- Ration allowances have also been increased for state police force deputed in Bastar.
- The allowance for personnel in most sensitive areas would be 50% of their basic salary; 35% for sensitive areas and 15% for the general affected areas.
- This amount will be applicable till 2018-19 and further decisions would be taken in this regard in a review meeting before March 31, 2019.
Source: The Times Of India